Tuesday, March 28, 2006

FINISH UP. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

I'd like to say a few words about the Brain Shivers record "Santiago Love Songs".

The words are: "this record is not yet done."

I've taken some shit in the last few days for this project not being completed, and it's totally warranted. It's now nearly April and we have not yet released it.

Then again, we never released the Wall, and that took an enormous amount of time and effort.

This is starting to become a bit distressing to me. If "Santiago Love Songs" isn't finished by this weekend, I'm going to take the files as they are and release it myself, on my own label. It's very depressing to work on something and have it never see the light of day, and it's not going to continue.

At this point we're looking at one adjustment to the first track and finishing the artwork. The actual production of the record took a few years, and the fact that it's this close - and not done, as it languishes in essentially the same state it's been in for months - is disheartening. I give an enormous amount of my free time, very often without pay, to get other people's projects finished.

I'm not doing any more of it until this one is done. I will partake in no cover records, no solo records, no audio transfers, no side projects, no band rehearsals, no live shows, no nothing until Brain Shivers is sent to the pressing plant.

3 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

If it makes the process any easier to complete to know this, I have what I beleive to be a bootleg copy of the record that I have played on every stereo in my house and studio and it sounds absolutely fucking awesome. I have listened to it as background music at parties and have dug in deep with it on headphones and it just sounds phenominal. I'll play the 'Fishes' song for Katie on her system in her room elicting a "Hey, that's Chrissy!" response.

You must get tired of me saying this but, you are THE MAN of audio production. Tweak if you insist, but the disc I heard is ready for primetime Mr. Waters. Get the art work and packaging that Ted's brother will throw out done and get it in front of the world.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm finished with the tweaking, but George wants to take care of some sibilance on "We Came From the River".

I've been telling him it was sibilant for about a year.

Again, if it's not adjusted by this weekend, the disc prints as is.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I've been done with that record for well over a year. I also approved the initial cover design.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home