Saturday, July 08, 2006

WHERE'S CHRISPY Part One

Saturday, July 8, 1:58 AM - Smoke and Mirrors - "Ted Record" session - 40 Deuce

Editing drums for "40 Deuce," a blues bit about Times Square written by Chan Chandler. It has lyrics about dime bags, girlie shows, and police brutality, so I guess it's a bit nostalgic. In numerous altered states I've demanded it be included on the "Ted Record", mostly because of the vocal. Trouble is, we recorded the vocal - and the guitars, bass, and keyboards - to an out of time drum loop.

We've all agreed the vocal performance can never be redone.

We'd also like to keep the guitars, mostly out of spite.

Anyhow, tonight I played some new drums, listening to just the original click and the vocal. Now I'm assembling and trying to get the guitarist, singer, keyboardist, and drummer on the same page, or at least in the same room.



Here's a screenshot of the song in Digital Performer's edit window. There's a guitar track partly visible at the top. Below are the kick drum, snare, and overhead mics. Each vertical line represents an edit; each little "slice" is a bit of my drum performance.

The big stretch that's intact is the chorus. I played that fucker all the way through, asshole.


Times Square used to be shady and dirty. Now it's clean, shiny, and fake, just like my drums.

5 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Blogger stinkrock said...

welcome back!

times square is cleaner, yeah, but it's got some of its old character. I for one do all my masturbating there.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Jackson said...

I have a low paying job there cleaning up after Stinkrock.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Chrispy said...

It's like nothing's changed....

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

WELCOME BACK! Man, was the blogoshere empty without you.

Love to here some Ted Record podcast...

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I feel just like Pete Townshend when he pulled Eric Clapton out of his heroin addiction for the Rainbow concerts!

Chrispy lives!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home