Thursday, September 15, 2005

WORKING

Last night we did a session with House of Blondes.

Unfortunately, I was completely unprepared - I had actually thought there was going to be a Happy Boy rehearsal at Smoke and Mirrors (postponed) and that House of Blondes was happening at Skyway studio. By the time they arrived I had a splitting headache and wasn't myself.

I was able to help George get a guitar sound, set up the tracks, and send them on their way. I left early - for all I know they're still out there, tracking away, George saying "Almost..." after each take.

On a positive note, we were using the knockoff Strat thru the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, which sounded great and hummed very little, and Paul (drummer who was playing guitar on this track) played well.

Soon I'll write more about the Hot Rod Deluxe, one of the most versatile amps Fender has ever made. Everyone should own one.

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

That amp does everything. It made my cofee yesterday.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

You know, with the tubes, it probably could at least heat up a nice relaxing cup of tea.

It only has two flaws:

1. the input jacks are crappy plastic

2. the reverb driver isn't tube

But its clean sound has made it a big hit. Oh yeah, and the coffee thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home