Thursday, October 13, 2005

BLAZING UP

One of the cool things about Ted's new podblaze account is that it supplies real time stats on how many plays each "show" has gotten.

One of the cool things about being Ted's partner is that I have the password for the account and can check the stats.

As of today, here are the number of plays each show has gotten.

Solitary: 6
Tiny Violence: 1
Harlon: 1
The Wall Side Four: 5
The Wall Side Three: 6
The Wall Side Two: 6
The Wall Side One: 9
TEDSTOCK: 12
The Power Of Rock: 7
The Guitar Song: 9
Long Last Of Time: 13
Do What I Do: 11

The only actual "show" up there is "TEDSTOCK," and it's in a healthy 2nd place. People get ready, there's a festival a-comin'.

Ben Simon's "After A Long Last of Time" is in first, and that's interesting, because it really is a great song, with a crazy guitar solo.

Ben came in to the studio a couple of years ago with nearly 20 songs and an amazing backing band. We put the basic tracks down very very quickly - in a day or two - getting some of the best drum sounds I've ever gotten. (How much of the sound is in the player? I don't know, roughly 100%.) Then we started overdubbing, mixing, re-recording, bringing in turntablists and violin players, mixing, re-recording, re-mixing...

We worked a lot, but never really finished the entire project. Ben had to leave town, we weren't really sure what the plan was, and I don't know where he is now. (you out there, Ben?) But I honestly believed that his music was something very special. The songs were great, but I'm not sure if we were prepared for the enormity of the undertaking. Today I feel far more confident that we could get the record done, and done well.

We'll put up more of the (unfinished) product. I still like the music a lot.

10 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

How about a link to these Podblazes?

Where can I get said podblazes?

Also, do you guys have the Blues DeVille in the studio? Was that the one that we used for Map?

There's a tweed BDV for sale and I might look into it as a smaller club amp.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Well Dave if you ever read my blog, which apparently you don't. you'd know to go to smokeandmirrors.podblaze.com

I know, I'm no Chris Pace......BUT I POST LINKS

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Hey now!

If you look at the right hand side of my blog, you will see links to both the Smoke and Mirrors podcast (where said stats come from) as well as the Telecasting podcast.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Oh yeah, we have the Hot Rod Deluxe, not the blues Deville.

I believe the DeVille is a higher wattage, and the Hot Rod has extra gain in the distortion channel. Other than than I think they are fairly similar circuits.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Tedward -

I do, in fact, read your blog. In fact, I just found the links there!

D

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

It seems I managed to offend you both, good, now about those amps....

Now I'm going to bring my special brand of smugness to another blog...

...so little time....

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Long Last of Time is up to 15 plays, but has had seven more days to collect hits than TEDSTOCK, which is at 13.

The Wall Side One is clearly the most popular side, and Side Four the least.

Dave does read my blog.

Chris does use links.

How many hits would Rob Thursday get?

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Hey Ted -

How about a new post? I am tired of looking at the Jets post.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jackson said...

Well Dave.......ha ha ha....

Actually you are absolutely right, I have been negligent...

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Chrispy said...

There's only one way to find out how many hits Rob Thursday would get...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home