Friday, March 31, 2006

NEW RELEASE

The new Darvocets 12" is currently on sale...



I got my advance copy last night, clear green vinyl with images of crop circles:



George and I gave it a listen and it sounds great - just like vinyl. The packaging is really nice - it comes with a poster and the printing quality is very high. The clear vinyl's (glow in the dark!) already sold out but I expect more will be pressed...



I'm credited as "C Space" on this one, which makes sense since my middle name starts with an "S". I've gone by CSPACE on some old email addresses... and the studio is credited as "Smoke 'n Mirrors". This isn't the first time we've been credited this way... maybe we should change our name.

I'm happy to say I got Co-Producer and a performance credit (synths) in addition to the regular "Recorded By". This was recorded almost entirely live at Smoke and Mirrors; we only replaced 1 vocal track (all of the others were done live, in the room with the band). Main recording took place in 1 day with a second 1/2 day for the additional vocal. Mixed at Smoke and Mirrors and mastered by George over at Skyway.

My favorite tune is probably "Space Shuttle's Final Mission", although "Eyes Like Ants" is a killer (there's an mp3 of it on the Painkiller Website).

You can purchase it online from Painkiller Records here, or contact paulewog13@hotmail.com for information about ordering direct from the Darvocets.

Buy it! Buy lots of copies! Support your DIY musicians!

3 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

What I love about the Darvocets is the fact that they have such a sense of fun about their music, and of course the fact that they print vinyl.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

I'm going to go get one ordered NOW...!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

SWEET.

You won't be disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home