Monday, December 20, 2004

WHAT GOES ON

Yes, we're making a lot of records right now. George Vitray's Robot Trilogy has expanded to far more than a trilogy; we're probably looking at something like half a dozen songs, with some other bits here and there. Although my initial thought was that it'd be a fairly quick production, I think I was wrong. It's probably going to be more like a year, which really shouldn't surprise me. The relentless pursuit of perfection ain't just a car commercial.

The project which has me jazzed right now is the Geek Farm record. As Ted blogged, what started as a little demo seems to be expanding to something more like a full record. I have a feeling it's going to go somewhat quickly, which I like. The band's excitement makes us work more efficiently, which makes them work more efficiently, which leads to efficiency everywhere. I'm not saying that it'll be ready for radio in a month, but we're gonna do some songs and get 'em done.

Yesterday was hours of playing bass, working up an arrangement for a "power pop" song for an artist Jared Kotler (producer of Marcy Playground) is working with. It's hard not to feel like a bitch when you're role is mostly to set everything up and then bang out those eighth notes. Again, I shouldn't be surprised, and I know I'm nobody's bitch; writing is just a tough thing to do. In the end, we got a tune together (or at least a drum track). We'll keep working on it, and who knows... maybe you'll hear our cheesy crap on the radio. I'd love nothing more.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Writing (with George) is a tough thing to do....But well worth the struggle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home