Friday, December 10, 2004

CONFUSION or WHAT A TANGLED WEB

Now I'm running two different web browsers. Internet Explorer seems to be happy with almost every website I visit, although today it's having trouble with-you guessed it-Microsoft's very own Hotmail. But IE doesn't play nice with some sites, including this one, so I downloaded Netscape 6, which works great for commenting on other blogs here at Blogspot, but is completely lost when it comes to the sign in page. So one browser lets me write, one lets me respond, and sometimes I can even check my email. Except, of course, when I take Navigator to Hotmail, where the site continually informs me that I'm using an incompatible browser, although it still works fine. Even better than Microsoft's own browser, at least today.

What a load of crap.

Imagine having to use one phone to make calls and another to receive them. Imagine calling your friend only to have him tell you that he can't accept your call because you're using Sprint instead of Nextel. Imagine selling your grilled cheese sandwich with an image of the Virgin Mary burned into it on eBay, only to find that an online museum has put it on the web and allowed anyone to replace Mary with their own picture.

Wait, that's another blog.

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

At least the Sprint/Nextel thing may work itself out for you...

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/wireless/2004/12/10/wirelessusatoday_2004_12_10_eng-usatoday_money_eng-usatoday_money_024713_6177933850239004134.ew.html?partner=yahoo&referrer=

 

Post a Comment

<< Home