Tuesday, November 15, 2005

TUESDAY

It's Tuesday, and I'm in a funk.

Was feeling sick yesterday - came home from work and went straight to bed. Very achey. Dozed until 10pm, then slept 'till 7:30 this morning, when I was awakened by my old friend, the alarm clock.

I like to listen to WFAN as I fall asleep, but this means I have to listen to Don Imus in the morning when I wake up. Even a second of his voice, before I can hit the "snooze," is too much. I hate this guy. He's arrogant and annoying, and surrounded by yes-men who laugh hysterically at everything he says. Wouldn't it be great to pay people to hang around you for 4 hours a day and giggle uncontrollably at every banal comment you make?

Imus has a ranch, which is a big tax right off and a way to make him feel like he's doing good in the world, as he allows children with cancer to come and work on it over the summer. Sounds like child labor to me, but what do I know about ranches?

9 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Jackson said...

'tax right off' Exactly, f'in republicans!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Tax write-offs are the greatest thing on the planet, my friends.

I assume you guys take the principled stance and don't write off the business expenses of Smoke and Mirrors, right?

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Actually, I haven't itemized my taxes since the Daily Show days.

Business expenses SHOULD be written off.

As far as Ted's tax status is concerned, you'd have to ask him.

Of course tax write-offs are great, they let you pay less taxes, which as we all know is exactly what we should be doing, because why should we have to pay for things like wars we don't support that are being fought for gas we don't use?

Wait a minute....

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Tax? Isn't that a bunch of small nails?

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

That's cool.

Since I would have to be clinically insane to send any of my children to a New York City public school, I am going to apply the same logic and not pay taxes that support our crappy school system. Also, since my parents were not clinically insane either, I suspect they are owed a huge refund for not using the public schools in New York.

This really simplifies the tax code for me.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Chrispy said...

See, now you're getting it.

Since I'm not itemizing, I suspect I'm overpaying my taxes. God knows how much money I've given to the school system, but I'd like it back. I don't even have kids!

Come to think of it, there are plenty of roads in the city that I never use either.

Dave, I should really talk to your accountant.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger stinkrock said...

Unfortunately, Dave's accountant is clinically insane.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Now I'm back to square one..

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Even more unfortunately, Mike IS an accountant

 

Post a Comment

<< Home