Wednesday, November 02, 2005

POST MORTEM, PART 1

Hello.

I am almost recovered from the day that was TEDSTOCK.

I have to say, it was quite an experience. By the time I made my way home from Smoke and Mirrors, at about 4am Monday, I was... spent.

It's one thing to party hard, it's another to play live, but to combine them - to the extent I did this weekend - makes me realize that, if put on tour, I'd need some serious looking after.

The show was a blast. I think it's basically been reviewed pretty well on Ted's blog, and I'm not sure I can add much. Everyone performed very well - I think - and I was impressed with the overall flow of the day. No major issues (impressive, considering we got 10 acts on and off the stage), nothing broken (we think) and we managed to record it all. We lost a portion of the Via Skyway set when an optical cable got unplugged (figures); I don't know the extent of the damage yet. Goes to show that the job is just starting when you hit the record button. Fortunately, I didn't forget my Star Wars figures, which I hope brought Princess Leia to life a bit.

It was nice being on stage again. I can't believe how long it's been (well over a year), but it's funny how it feels completely natural when you get back up there.

I plan on doing it again, soon, and often. Ted is talking about more 'STOCKS, which is great, but I'm also ready to just go and do some gigs. I want to sing, play guitar (and maybe keys), and get the word out. I also want to finish the Brain Shivers record (or the Brain Slivers, if that gets done first).

Hopefully we've helped some people out, and that's the important thing, really.

5 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jackson said...

In listening to the Skyway set, it seems very little was lost - I didn't notice anything at all actually, but the set on tape is only about 34 minutes, so I know there's something missing, I just don't know what. Capt. Smith is LOUD, but still rewarding.

The end of the Microdot sounds better than the beginning, I think George adjusted the pre-amp during their set.

The Noodle - well Santiago I don't think ever got fully realized, Paul was playing a version of Questioningly that we were not. Leia is a hoot. Peace Chicken is bombastic, overall Pop Tart comes off the best.

The Horse sound great, it'll be tough to pick a song.

Paul and Bob came by and we listened to the Figo tape, they were surprised by the quality of the recording - Plaza came off well.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Chrispy said...

It'll be interesting to hear. I'll check it out tonight.

The Noodle, having only practiced as a band once (on Saturday, no less) probably did about as well as could be expected.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I think the reason the end of our set sounded better was also because we made some changes on stage to our amps.

Let this be a lesson: ALWAYS PLAY YOUR OWN RIG LIVE.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I did like the Cavalier Marshall tone, I also liked the Vitray Marshall tone, the Wilson Marshall tone, the McVikar Marshall tone, hell I love that amp....

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Chris COME BACK!

Where are you Chris?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home