Tuesday, January 03, 2006

YEP

Oh yeah, it's 2006.

Saturday day was a session with John (vocals, guitars) from Strikes Again!, who are moving along on their 5 song EP. There are a few more bass tracks to do, a few guitars, and a few vocals. It seems to be moving along pretty smoothly, although we did blow a fuse in the Marshall. Too much rock and roll, I guess.

I'm enjoying working on the Strikes Again! recordings. I wish I had more time to just chill and mix.

I rung in the New Year in Greenpoint at our friend Rachel's house. There were 2 dogs present (Buck and Lola, the 98 pound Rottweiler) and they were alternately sleepy and excited, much like me.

Sunday - slept till about 2pm, ate an omelette, went back to bed. Slept 'till 5. Did some rough Strikes mixes that night and emailed them to the boys.

Yesterday was an all day affair with Koichi's band (see posts below) - their 5 song demo is also progressing nicely. Koichi is a good guitar player and I like the tunes. I wish they'd been recorded to a click - I imagine this band being super tight. But if you haven't rehearsed to click it's pretty hard to jump into. Maybe next time.

So it's back to the day job and more sleep deprivation.

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

As Steve Whitman from Kix exclaimed "Blow My Fuse!". Is everything okay? Must have slipped your mind.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

I totally forgot about it happening.

It's one of the two fuses on the back of the head, and it's very tiny. I think I left it out of the amp so we can source a replacement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home