Friday, April 07, 2006

THIS WEEK'S NEW RELEASES

I'll say it again.

One of the most rewarding parts of recording music is when they give me my money.

Kidding. Actually, the most rewarding part is when we get a copy of a record we helped make.

Here's the latest one:


Grand Ultimate - The Sound is God



(I wrote about the sessions for this a while back.)

Grand Ultimate is a Brooklyn based live hip hop act, originally made up of just Curtis and Eddie, who play live instruments (guitars, basses, drums, keyboards), loop bits live, and rap or sing. They've recently started adding additional musicians, but even as just a two piece they're really good.

We recorded two tracks on this - "Jealous Man" (engineered by me and George at Smoke and Mirrors - I don't think the one on their website is the version we did) and "Space For the Time (Live)" (recorded live at M Shanghai Den in Williamsburg with the Smoke and Mirrors Mobile Unit 1).

The record sounds and looks great. I know they're excited, and we're happy to have another sample for the collection.

7 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I heard it last night and I give it the big thumbs up.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

You guys are on a roll!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Thanks Dave!

Thanks Tony!

A bunch of things we did in the distant past are being finished up and released... it's VERY cool when you end up with something you can hold in your hand. It makes it so much more real (I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about).

I added a link in this post to the original "Grand Ultimate" post... turns out we recorded studio tracks some 14 months ago.

I don't think we ever really addressed your drum recording questions, Tony...

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I keep trying to tell that to women I meet. It's VERY cool when you end up with something you can hold in your hands.

It's cool though. Today, I got an email from a site in the Ukraine and it turns out that I have mail from EIGHT lovely ladies who want to talk to me!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

SWEET!

Tell them you play guitar. Ukranian women LOVE the rock and roll.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Tell them, "I'm Santana man..."

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

After a long last of time....sorry, bad inside joke....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home