Tuesday, December 21, 2004

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

Where is everybody?

The Holidays are in full swing. I'm not a huge fan of the holidays.

There's a lot to be said for spending time with family, relaxing, giving gifts, driving around in the snow, etc. etc. But I think the part of the season that I don't like is the disruption of schedule.

I love knowing that I've got work to do, that there's something happening tonight at the studio. I love getting ready for sessions, untangling the cables, setting up the mics. I like a nice full plate.

Christmas forces me to step back and do other things, but my mind remains on my work, mostly because it's fun. I'd honestly spend nearly every day in the studio, even if it's just screwing around with mixes and reamping stuff. Working, listening, working listening.... it's the uiltimate therapy. I get tired, frustrated, burned out, but never sick of it. Then, suddenly, it's five days off, going to the country, where I fall asleep by ten o'clock (not that there's anything wrong with that). I get a little fidgety. How long 'till we go home?

People are leaving town. I can already feel the slowdown. Don't you all want to be working on records? Why aren't we working on that guitar part?

Maybe next year...

8 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

With the slow down and all it sounds like a perfect time to do mixes of Miss You, get Andy Rock in to put lead on Miles Away, clean up the guitar tracks that Ted and I recorded on Harlon. Oh yeah, and move all your files back over to the G3 :-)

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Or we can do all that on solderday.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Just let me know when solderday is, I'll book my flight...

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

Isn't solderday like Festivus. You know Festivus for the rest of us?

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Festivus is for the rest of us, Solderday is a holiday celebrated by George's robots.

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's use this time to contemplate the miraculous birth of our Lord and to lay down the drum tracks for our cover version of "Close to the Edge."

Or maybe "Foxtrot."

DC

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Jackson said...

I beleive it was during 'Close To The Edge' that Bruford escaped out a window, better make it 'Foxtrot', I don't want Machold to hurt himself.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, but Machold has to wear Collins' white overalls and go partially bald for the project.

I can't wait to track Rob doing the backing vocal on "Supper's Ready."

DC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home