Friday, July 22, 2005

Goodbye My Dear

There's been some chit chat about "Fly By Night" over at Jackson's blog that reminded me of an incident some years ago...

My senior year in high school, my friends Matt Armentano (drums), Jeremy Harris (guitar) and I (bass, keys, vocals) practiced our asses off getting "Fly By Night" ready for a talent show.

Our school wasn't really big on talent shows, this one was going to be the only one held during my 4 years. But we'd finally learned enough about our instruments to do at least a half assed job channeling the Canadians, and it's not that hard a song. We were ready.

Then shit started caving in.

As the fateful night approached, word went out that there were "too many bands" scheduled to play, and our Principal (Mr. Carmelich) wanted more "variety." Specifically, he wanted the Number 1 Theater Girl (Jocelyn) to perform. You know the Number 1 Theater Girl, the one who knew she'd be an actress since she was born. The one who was the lead in every school play, musical, revival, revue, and English class reading we ever had.

Gradually it became clear that there would be no talent show without her talent.

We fought long and hard, and were finally reduced to begging Jocelyn to perform, to do anything, to make a cameo, do the guitar solo, whatever. Just don't let them cancel the talent show.

Well, she refused. The show was off...

Cut to 5 years later, I'm at my first job (assistant at a talent agency here in NYC). Among my duties - opening the dozens of headshots and resumes that poured in every day from aspiring thespians. And who's headshot should happen to turn up? Yes, you guessed it. Number One Theater Girl.

You can guess whether this one got passed on to my boss.

The moral? Don't be fuckin' with da Rush. Or at least not with da Rush fans.

8 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bees and I commend you, sir. I know that girl by the way. They are all total cunts, too, aren't they?

That was I, by the way, who mentioned Fly By Night. Forgot to sign my post, since I don't have a Blogger account.

-Ken

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Ken, you are a good man.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of them end up amongst the sea of idiots who audition for American Idol and when they don't get picked they give up since they consider that their only shot at making it. As Steven Tyler says, Try "...working like a dog in a rock and roll band".

Bunch of crotch tacos to be sure...

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

I just did a little Yahoo search and found that the actress in question is currently appearing in a burlesque show off-off-off-off-off-off Broadway.

Shoulda let us play the Rush....

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you've got our interest...

Give us the link baby!

You may want to pop in on her and hand her a copy of one of the many records you've made that have been pressed in the last 6 mos. and ask her how the acting thing is working out for her.

You gotta love karma.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Karma Police
Arrest this girl
her Hitler haircut
is making me feel ill
and we have crashed her party...

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I did that chick in a bathroom in a club on 2nd Avenue, she wasn't that good of an actor after all. I did not believer her orgasm at all, way over played, and when she was giving me head, I don't think she had her motivation set, like she never asked herself; "Why am I giving a stranger a BJ in a bathroom in a club on 2nd Avenue?" "What does my character need from this experience?' I've seen better acting in tampon comercials.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Thom Brooks said...

This isn't as cool a trio as EXCALIBUR, right...? Now those were happy dayz in high school...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home