Thursday, August 04, 2005

ROCK ON WILLIAMSBURG

Last night Jackson and I headed over to Trash (used to be Luxx a long time ago) in our 'hood to check out Figo, Paul Daly's (Acquiesce, Formula One, Happy Boy) latest musical project.

They were quite good, Paul did some singing and they even switched it up (guitarist Bob on the drums for a tune - he was a maniac). The AC in Trash was Trashed, so we sucked down cold PBR's (Jackson also went with a Margarita), promptly sweated them out, and had a few more. Open bar (PBR's and well drinks) from 9-10, nothing wrong with that.

So they put on a good show, very rock and roll, very heavy. I want to record them but we'd have to figure out a way to capture it entirely live, ie no headphones, live PA, bass and guitar amps cranked up. I've done this with some of the Clevo bands with mixed results, maybe we could do the session at a club.

Paul and I got to talking afterward about his experiences recording the Acquiesce record (and working in some high class studios). It was interesting, he was saying that the performer should be the most important thing in the room when you're recording, and I said the most important thing should be the performance. His point was the player should be totally comfortable, no distractions. Obviously he's right, making the performer comfortable is important, and it's the playing we end up hearing. It's amazing what different musicians want or need or hear or don't hear or can or cannot tolerate when they're doing a take. I think the more you record the easier it is to just drop into the "zone" when the tape is running, but you've got to be comfortable. That being said, if being uncomfortable gives a better performance then we'll poke you with sticks.

Anyhow, check out Figo when they come to your town and get ready for Happy Boy going the Full Monty at Tedstock.

9 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it will be the full monty-with ball waxing for an encore!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

THAT'S rock and roll

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I will not participate in waxing of any kind. I have problem with dropping my drawers, but I'm keeping the pubes.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Something happened to the text. It's supposed to read "I will not participate...." and 'I have no problem with..."

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

TEDSTOCK - ONE DAY OF NO PEACE, MUSIC, AND TED'S PUBES

This is going to be the coolest show ever.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Yes, but you have to pick 'em yourself.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I need all the pubes I can get, it helps hide the fact that my ballsac hangs lower than my dickhead.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Ok, I think that was it. We have gone too far.

No more pube talk.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

"Once I was a poor, dirty shell of a man with a dirty rectum. Now my rectum is clean enough to eat off, I have bought a new car and I am getting married to a beautiful woman. Thankyou Anal Douche! "

classic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home