Tuesday, September 27, 2005

BAD DAY

Yesterday I thought I was going to lose it.

First I overslept, then when I got to work I realized I forgot my medication. So I got to spend the day dancing with dopamine, or more accurately dealing with a dearth of dopamine.

I held open doors for three people who didn't even say "Thank you." What's up with that? Are New Yorkers getting more rude?

Things at my day job are weird. In short, the person I was hired to replace is not leaving after all (it's taken them a year to figure this out) and so I get to stay in my little cubicle 'till, well, I guess eternity. Fortunately they did give him a raise so that eases the pain a bit.

By the time I got home I was in a black, foul mood. Went to bed around 9:30.

Ah, well. Still, this morning walking from the subway to work I passed the people sleeping on the benches outside Madison Square Park and said to myself (as I try to do every day), "There but for the grace of God go I."

4 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those guys were waiting on line for Wide Spread Panic tickets to go on sale.

Just kidding, just kidding...

Glad you're feeling better.

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...Then you bolted up panicing from your slumber in a cold sweat after dreaming that you were recording Joyce's solo album.

OK, I'll stop...

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Hey, if I were getting paid, I would happily record Joyce's solo album rather than what I'm (barely) getting paid to do now.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I think there a number of things besides the grace of God between you and those poor souls. I hope I am one of those things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home