Tuesday, November 29, 2005

ON THE ROAD

Tomorrow I get to go "on the road." This will be a little sales trip through beautiful New England, where I grew up. We'll go by car.

I don't like going "on the road." I've traveled many miles and it all starts looking the same. Same Starbucks, same strip malls, same food. I don't mean to sound cynical, but why travel across the country only to eat at the same places you could have at home?

I like home. I like environments I know, like my bed and the studio. The novelty of staying in hotels wore off somewhere in Duluth about 5 years ago. It was f'ing cold, and we had to drive 5 hours to meet the guy who was trying to raise money for the chicken museum. He was cool, but the drive....

Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

In 1993, I bicycled across the country (Oregon to North Carolina) with my best friend from college. Once we got east of the Mississippi, it was truly depressing to see how homogenized America had become. There was little sense of regional oddity left.

Enjoy!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger stinkrock said...

Last year I got a gift certificate to Olive Garden from someone at work for Christmas. I was going to sell it on ebay, but changed my mind, and decided to splurge. They have their own culinary school in Tuscany.

Good luck Chris. Make sure you eat at the Cracker Barrel in Connecticut; NYC doesn't have one.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I love travel, I was born to travel. I always find something new and exciting wherever I go - even the midwest. You have to want it, and you have explore.

I guess growing up in the Army had a lot to do with it.

I suppose your destinations were a part of the problem. Not that you had any control over that.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Jackson said...

What are you doing down there? Affordable housing and job security are highly overrated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home