Thursday, December 22, 2005

STRIKESTOCK, PART 2

I walked from home, over the Williamsburg Bridge, and ended up getting a cab up to 30th street.

Last time I crossed that bridge I was tripping on Mushrooms. This time I was drinking tea and smoking a butt.

New Yorkers walk everywhere, so it's no big deal. Ridiculous that I have to walk to get to a job that's done entirely with email, but whatever.

Any ill will I felt toward the TWU was instantly dissolved when I bought the Post. Columnist Andrea Peyser: "The 9/11 terror attacks couldn't kill his business. No, the villians threatening to rob Jay Park of his livelihood are far more treacherous, selfish, and insane. 'It's dead - dead!' Park moaned from behind the counter of the ordinarily bustling Here and Now deli in Greenwich Village."

Is she fucking insane? Oh yeah, she's a conservative columnist for the biggest rag this fine city has to offer. This is why I can't stand the conservative agenda.

Is the TWU worse than the 9/11 hijackers? I guess so. Maybe GW should swoop in and bomb the hell out of NYC.

Fuck Andrea Peyser and fuck Jay Park and the Here and Now Deli. What, did everyone move out of Greenwich Village in the last two days? Are you really telling me that a neighborhood deli is being killed by a strike that keeps people at home? Is this a joke?

No, it's Andrea Peyser, conservative. Living in an alternate universe.

The deli across the street from my job told me they are busier than usual. Every cabbie and car service driver is working hard.

Is there a huge economic impact? Sure there is. Are companies losing money? Yes.

Is the TWU worse than Al Qaeda?

Is conservatism a big joke? Yeah, but the punchline sucks.

7 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Thank you, Tony.

Andrea Peyser just got me really mad.

I don't really have strong opinions regarding unions, but I don't think they Al Qaeda.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger stinkrock said...

strike's over.

http://tinyurl.com/byt7d

Time to count the dead and look for survivors.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

As the flyer said, blame the Governor, the mayor, the MTA, and Roger Waters.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I'll have you know Tony, that Mr. Aiken is a consumate professional, and his hands pop like nobody's business.

"More Joy!"

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

I will still buy the Post (as I do every day) because it works me into a nice liberal rage.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

That's the Post, always trying to help.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

That wasn't Tony's dad or dog. That was Tony's roomate Kevin's dad.

Tony's dad isn't a couch sleeper, or a criminal, fraudulent, creepy, free-loading goombah.

I hope P.W. did steal the old man's Dilaudid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home