Tuesday, December 13, 2005

ACE'S WANG

We've been talking about the guitars Ace Frehley used in the studio (see some random post below, I think it's the "Factual Snapple" one), and I found a fun interview with Ace here.

My favorite part is this:

"Everybody was using a wang bar, so I felt there was a couple of effects that I wanted to get. From my fan mail, a lot of kids got pissed off that I bastardized a Les Paul to put that wang bar on. To be honest with you, I actually didn't have to bastardize it. They make a plate that goes around the bar that holds the strings. You screw the wang onto the plate, so you really don't have to do any reaming of the wood."

Who knew that Ace put a wang bar on his Les Pauls?

10 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Jackson said...

I love to discuss Ace's wang. Ace has a great wang, and uses it as often as he can.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Yeah, everyone thinks Gene's wang is the one to watch, but clearly Ace's is right up there.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

New did like Les Pauls all that much. Feels like a broomstick with a bank vault on the end.

Last night I busted out the old Jazzmaster for the first time in years. I think I am going to try it out at Microdot rehearsal tomorrow. Curious to see how it sounds.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

You have a Jazzmaster?

Why has this never made the trip to S&M?

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Dunno. Jazzmasters are a bitch because of that stupid bridge, so I stopped using it. When I played it last night, I forgot that I had replaced the string saddles with graphites and the guitar was not that shabby.

I'll bring it next time.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Does the Jazzmaster have a wang?

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Indeed it does.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Ace would rather put his time into things like having his guitar spit fire than worry about rack effects, and for that I applaud him.

Something we haven't really discussed is how much of Ace's tone actually comes from his boots.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Well, we know that the power to rock comes from the blue gem on his chest, so I guess he must store his tone in his boots, there's not much room anywhere else.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger David Amulet said...

And of course, Ace had to use the phrase "srew the wang." Gene has been pretty public about not having a wang worth watching--sometimes, I think he and Howard Stern were separated at birth.

-- david

 

Post a Comment

<< Home