Monday, December 19, 2005

WEEKEND IN REVIEW

As Dave has mentioned, Friday night was good fun.

The stage at Fontana's was just big enough to contain the rock and roll, although I realized too late (about three songs into the set) that my massive keyboard rack was blocking the only vocal monitor on my side of the stage. Now I know how hard it is to be Rick Wakeman. Bummer. Once again, I sang to the echoes of my voice returning to me from the walls of the bar, complete with a little 100ms or so delay. It's fun 'cause you get to hear how out of tune you were a note ago. I am very fearful of my intonation, but fortunately we didn't record the set so I'll never know.

Spent Saturday recovering and listening to the tracks I'm working on with Strikes Again! I keep pulling the drums apart and putting them back together. Drums... must... be... bigger.

Yesterday Ted and I worked on mixes for his solo record and moved the old G3 Blue and White to a new location where it will serve as a video monitor for the live room, courtesy of a little Logitech web cam. Of course we instantly wanted to make videos. Fortunately the G3's hard drive is completely full so the shoot was short.

The highlight of the weekend, however, was walking my little dog Buck home from the studio last night. He was nice and excited, and at the corner of Metropolitan and Meeker he lunged at a biker who was passing by. I grabbed at his collar to keep him from darting to certain death and managed to fuck up my right hand good. My ring finger is bruised and really swollen, so my typing is suffering a bit. The mouse hurts. I can bend my finger (I don't think it's broken) but OUCH.

The things we do for our dogs. To top it all off he farted in bed as we went to sleep.

What a good boy!

8 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

He's still a doodle. Yes he is. Yes he is.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Who's a zoozle zeezle?

Who?

Who's got a Giggle Cow?

Who? Who?

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

The Giggle Cow was a highlight during a weekend of highlights.

Friday was da bomb diggity. I enjoyed watching Rob have fun behind the kit. Mike and Rob both have the 'eight year old' in them appear on stage in their steads. Big grins, and playtime. I thought the vocals were better all around than at TEDSTOCK. Mike's not being sick helped, but both George and Chris stepped up on Friday.

I enjoyed revistiting my 'solo' record. I'll blog it.

Sorry about your right hand. I know how it will impede your beer intake.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Fortunately, I will be buying one of those hats that allows me to sip beer through a straw, so I'll make it through.

My finger has turned a nice shade of purple. It's really quite lovely.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I assume you immediately disabused her of the notion that cats ever go to heaven and made it clear that they grow straight to hell where they spend their time blowing trumpets out of their asses and wallowing in the shit of idolaters and usurers.

Kids have to know these things early.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

this is why we love our animal companions.

all the getting peed on, farted on, and have to pick up poo.

obviously we humans have some kind of scatological issues our pets help us feel more comfortable about.

good luck!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

What happens to Giggle Cows when they die, Uncle Dave?

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

If Chris had three more racks of keyboards, and grew his hair long, I dare say he'd look just like Mr. Wakeman.

Mr. Wakeman's dog, Mr. Wuzza Wuzza, has been the cause of many of Rick's injuries over the years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home