Monday, January 23, 2006

PHONE, PHONE, PHONE

I lost my cellphone about a week ago.

As nice as it's been without it, it's clear I needed a new one, so today I headed to the Sprint store and ponied up for a replacement.

I know, it's a cellphone, big deal.

I've only owned 2 different phones in my 7 odd years of cellphone use, and the second was the updated version of the first (both Samsungs).

Well, the LG ain't the old Samsung. Overall it's pretty good, but there are a few annoying things...

When the phone is closed and idle, the little screen on the front does not display the time, missed calls, etc. One thing I liked about the Samsung was that you could always see this info.

The two little volume buttons on the side of the phone aren't in a very convenient place. For some reason these are the most used buttons for me. I like adjusting volumes...

When the phone is in "vibrate" mode, my little custom greeting - which has always read "Don't Panic" - is not shown. Bummer. This is almost worth taking a picture of the words "Don't Panic" and using it as the "desktop" picture. I mean, it's important to me to see this, in "large friendly letters," when I use my phone.

Other than that, I guess it's cool. I don't know. I just don't care much about cellphones, but they're fun for the first couple of hours.

8 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

It's more that the display powers down so I can't read anything...

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Chrispy said...

After obsessively playing around with the phone for a bit last night, I'm starting to like it.

The camera is pretty good. Now when I open my phone I see Buck, which can't be a bad thing.

When the phone is charging the front display doesn't time out (which is good). When it isn't charging it eventually times out so you have to hit a button to see the display... not a big deal, pretty common I think.

I've heard great things about the Nextel phones, of course.... :)

But honestly, when I hear the little walkie talkie "chirp," it makes me want to hunt down the phone and smash it to bits.

Different strokes, as they say.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I called Chris on his new phone, he couldn't hear me, and I had a very strong signal, all the bricks, so his phone sucks, I hate it, I think he should throw it in the toilet, but not with Buck displayed.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

No comment.

I called Ted back about 6 times and he didn't answer.

Who's phone sucks now?

ps - at least I pay for mine.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I was alseep.

You'd rather pay?

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

I didn't say that. I just said that I did pay.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Oh, okay.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

I'd take a cracker right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home