Thursday, May 04, 2006

THURSDAY, THAT'S MY FUN DAY

I'm blogging, Strikes Again! is eating at a restaurant somewhere on Grand St, I think.

Fucking great band, fucking great guys, fucking great show.

I saw DFactor and Anonymous, met Tony from the Beatings, and talked Strikes!'s (check out that punctuation, bitch) collective ear off with thoughts about EQ in a live setting.

It was... a blast. The best sound is often right at the front of the stage, where you hear the band, instead of the sound guy's hangover.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Roughs Kill Me

I also received the roughs of "The Robots Kill Everyone" from George of Via Skyway. The Misanthrope is right; it sounds like a record. It'll sound like an immense chunk of dark beauty when it's done. All of the basic parts are represented in the roughs but will eventually be played by a cast of thousands. I'm pruod of George and how focused he's been.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to hear Mike's Replacements-Like records. John VA tells me Mike's made two.

There's so mcuh I don't know about these people I worship with. I say "worship" because music is sacred, and music is sound, and listening to sound is communion.

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

One thing you might not know is that Mike is made of 25% polypropyl vinyl.

In other words, his wrapper is not biodegradable. This is how I know there is no God.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I have no doubt there is a God, and have been proud to worship it with Chrispy and the cast of thousands for the past four years, and with Tony for what seems like forever and just yesterday all at the same time - that's how I know there is a God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home