Wednesday, April 13, 2005

GRRRREAT!

Apple has announced that the next generation of their OS, named "Tiger," will be released on April 29th. Tiger will replace Panther, which has been living quite happily in our studio for months now, and will incorporate some new searching technology, updates to Apple's basic application pakage, improved synching between Macs and PDA's, and lots of other geeky stuff I don't really understand but which will continue to push the Mac OS into the future.

I remember when OS9 was winding down its life - here was an operating system which was absolutely maxxed out, pushed far beyond what it had been originally designed to do. The first signs of OSX were scarey - I certainly didn't want to move. Now I'm glad I did. I pity those who are so deep into Windows that they see no way out - they're cursed to deal with a buggy, complex, non-user friendly shell sitting on top of DOS, with security risks and all. Ah well. Screw 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home