Tuesday, October 25, 2005

OODLES OF NOODLE

Last night we did a Noodle rehearsal at 75% of full power (ie, there was no bassist). We did all of the songs we'll be performing at TEDSTOCK (as of right now), and they were pretty good.

A few minutes before drummer Rob Machold arrived, we decided to go ahead and record the rehearsal.

Some of my earlier bands weren't into the idea of recording rehearsals and, well, everything else. I'm into the idea of recording everything. I believe that the feedback offered by hearing yourself practice is worth the diskspace, tape, or whatever, and last night Machold agreed.

The thing actually sounded alright. It would be a perfectly respectible demo (once a bass gets put on it), and it made me feel a lot better about our TEDSTOCK preparation. Ted's been worried that he's spent so much time on the administrative side of TEDSTOCK that he hasn't been working on the music. I think we'll be OK. Sure, we need a bit more practice. But we've got, like, 5 days.

It's great to play these songs with Machold. He really reigns us in and it's a very comfortable feeling. I can't believe how long it's been since Ted and I have performed live. I'm hoping Sunday will be something of a rebirth.

5 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Birth get's messy. Good thing we got Dr. Robert Machold attending.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

The important thing is to save the placenta. We may need it later.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

I don't know why there was an objection. You'd have to ask the players in question.

I definitely remember people not wanting to play a set and then immediately go back and listen to it. I admit, it's kind of like when you watch your Christmas home videos seconds after you've shot them (let's relive ten minutes ago!), but in this case you're trying to improve a performance. It's not like I ever watched myself open a present and said "I should have been a bit later on that ribbon bit."

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Your always late with the ribbon bit - sheesh!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I could never open my presents in 4. It was always either 5 or 7.

Then again, my Mom played me Stockhausen in my crib.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home