Friday, December 09, 2005

MUST SEE THURSDAY

Today I am tired and somewhat hungover.

That's what happens when you lead a life like mine. It's a neverending party.

First up last night was my Better Half's Holiday Shindig, where we ate lots of meat and I made the mistake of ordering a couple of vodka martinis. I'm not much of a martini drinker, and now I remember why.

Mariah Carey was at the restaurant as well. She got a round of applause when she passed by the bar on the way out, I suppose for her recent Grammy nominations, although it might have been for her boobs.

I was outside smoking a butt when she walked out. I said "Congratulations Mariah" and she turned and said "thank you." Wow!!!

After that it was time for Strikes Again! (note the puncuation) live at CBGB.

CB's is fun. It somehow seems cleaner than it used to be, but that was probably just the martinis.

Strikes Again! (that name must be hell for a Grammar Check Droid) was very good. Mike Ingenthron, drums, banged the hell out of the kit. At the end of the set I was standing at the side of the stage and noticed that his top hi hat cymbal was lying on the floor a few feet away from me. "That's odd," I thought, as Mike continued to slam the upside down bottom hi hat cymbal. I suppose it launched off its stand at some point. I'm glad no one was hurt, but I'm sorry I missed its flight.

Anyhow, they were fun. They did play the songs we'll be working on tomorrow - it's always nice to see the band play the stuff you're going to record before they get into the studio. It's also good to get a look at their gear and see how they play it. They had a ton of energy, particulary the singer, who whirled around and sweated a lot. That's what I want from my rock and roll, especially at CB's.

We'll try to digitize it all tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I'm still trying to figure out how that part of the hi-hat got to where it ended up.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

I think it was rocked there.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger stinkrock said...

That's an easy one--I threw it at John van Atta. He threw it over to the side of the stage.

No one ever really gets hurt at rock shows.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Well, that explains it.

At least you didn't throw it into the crowd.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I am still bummed I missed Strikes Again! (If I end the sentence with the name of the band, do I need double punctuation?)

I think if you had said "Nice boobs" to Mariah as she passed her reply would have been the same. In fact I think her boobs should accept her Grammy that she will undoubtedly win. It's bought and paid for, just like her boobs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home