Wednesday, December 07, 2005

GEORGE IS FORGIVEN

George Lucas, that is.

My anger at him for selling out my childhood by soiling the good "Star Wars" name has softened somewhat because of this.

The fact is, if it took making three crappy movies to make this product available again - and to finally fulfill my fantasy of having a mint Falcon, updated with a cool new paint job but still faithful to the original - then it's OK. My original Falcon is missing several pieces and is in pretty sad shape. Of course, I was probably 4 or 5 when I got it, so this is my second chance.

6 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I remember crumbling up pencil tips and brushing the powder on my MF toy so that it would have the same beaten up look that the one in the movie had. That toy RULED!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Yeah, it's got to be the greatest of the ships. The snowspeeder is my personal #2.

The original company that made the Star Wars toys (I think it was Kenner) gradually figured out that the "beaten up" look was actually part of the charm of the Star Wars universe. I have a few ships with the "battle damage" stickers.

It seems like George Lucas forgot about this, though. The new Star Wars is just too clean for me.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

As long as you don't forgive the other George's.....

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

The other George's what?

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Chrispy said...

The other George's transgressions, I would think.

Obviously different from the other Georges' transgressions.

Thank you, Grammar Check Droid!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

The least beloved but most often used of all the 'Droids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home