Monday, December 05, 2005

THE RIGHT RIGHT

I don't hate Republicans.

But I don't like GW Bush.

I think he's arrogant, ill informed, and slow. And this ain't just a knee jerk liberal reaction. I've met the guy and he seems slowwwww.

That being said, there are Republicans I'd vote for.

Bob Dole - smart, very well educated, tons and tons of experience. This guy knows his shit. Plus, he's incredibly personable, really funny (seriously), thoughtful. And he brings his dog to work. Fell off a stage during last presidential run.

John McCain - pragmatic in a crazy way. Controversial. Also thoughtful. No BS. Willing to work with Dems or Republicans if he thinks it's for the right reason. Friendly. The kind of guy who could stand up to the world audience and be taken seriously. Former POW, so you don't have to worry about him freaking out when shit goes down.

Liddy Dole - yep, Bob's Better Half. Nice resume. Also smart. Can work a crowd.

Rudy Giuliani - Principled. Handled a big city in a tough time. Took care of the Squeegee Men (but I'd still vote for him.) More fun than Mike Bloomberg. Experienced a lot of crap. Very defensive, but in a "I know I'm right" way vs. a "I know you are but what am I" way.

Dave Cavalier - smart. Good with money. Can play "La Villa Strangiato" all the way through. Not likely to get too deep in bed with Big Tobacco, although he will bum a smoke. Has some experience with drugs. Shares home with two dogs.

Granted, it's a short list. There're probably more, but that would mean doing research.

10 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

I'm going to split the ticket with you Chris. Cavalier/Pace '08.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

THAT's a campaign I could get behind.

Imagine the War Room meetings. First we'd have a nice cigarette, then we'd talk strategy, then a quick break to jam on some tunes from "Animals."

After that, more cigarettes.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

My Fellow Americans, I understand your concern over the separation of church and state. On this, I can only say the following.

You can choose a steady guide in some celestial voice. If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

The first candidate who quotes Rush (and I ain't talking Limbaugh) gets my vote.

Even if it's Rush Limbaugh.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Pat, I just look better in suits.

Face it.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

As I was walking to get my lunch today I realized that I had left Tony Alva off the list. I swear. In fact, I was preparing for another blog, "More Republicans I'd Vote For"

For the sake of this post we'll call Tony Alva a Republican. However, we'll also call him Pat Phillips, since I would not vote for the other Tony Alva, who may or may not be a Republican.

So here goes.

Tony Alva - family man, thoughtful, smart. Likes Classic Rock and Metal. Can sing like Ozzy. Lives with wife, daughter, some cats, and a Focusrite. May be a Centrist. Hates sequencers.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

After all that, I went and called him Tony Alva. Argghhh

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I'd vote for Abe Lincoln. He's probably kinda dusty, but still smarter than G.W.

I'd vote for either Tony Alva, the real one or the fake one.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Next up:

Whigs I'd vote for.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Jackson said...

Rainbow Head is my favorite whig.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home