Monday, April 17, 2006

DARVOCETS 12" - THE FIRST REVIEW

The blog A Blaze in the NJ Sky has a review of the new Darvocets 12".

Read it here.

There's some useful information on where you can get the record - Painkiller, the label that released it, is sold out, but they also have links to other places where it can be bought.

(Hey - what's that Orange Record in the middle of the Painkiller homepage??!!??)

A Blaze in the NJ Sky is a good blog to read if you're into new music - really new, from bands who are certainly not to be found at Virgin or on the iTunes music store. Written by a designer, there's also nice commentary on packaging and design (for those of us who still prefer a physical object to hold in our hands while listening).

8 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

I very much enjoy holding something in my hand while listening.....very much....

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

I know, it's often a book.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

That's only when there's somebody else in the room...

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

I certainly don't want to know what you do with your hands when you're alone in the studio...

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

EEEWWW!

I sent my Paypal payment for my Davocets disc but have not received it yet. They said they've sent it. Should I believe them?

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Did you order it from Painkiller or from NCR? Painkiller is legit, and I believe they will send it. NCR is also legit, and they will send it as well (plus we know Paul well and can make sure that it gets to you STAT).

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Tony Alva said...

My recoed has arrived!!! Katie loved the green vinyl with the crop circles.

It sounds fantastic. Great job.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

Katie has EXCELLENT taste in vinyl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home