Monday, April 24, 2006

WISH US LUCK

Rob Machold, drummer/biologist, is very good at keeping an eye on Craigslist and forwarding me ads he thinks are interesting.

He sent this one this morning:

We are making a documentary about the world of Star Wars fans and are looking for a band that has written a song about something from the Star Wars universe, to film a performance for the movie. Get in touch if this is you.

Is this us? You better believe it.

Regular readers know that one of the songs The Noodle performed at Tedstock was "Princess of Alderaan", a ditty about Han Solo, Princess Leia, and R2-D2. Originally improvised live in studio a few years back (with Happy Boy), it underwent a facelift for the 'Stock performance and got a second verse.

I've sent the filmmakers emails, links to Mikedot's photos of us performing the tune at the 'Stock, and offered to use my X-Wing and Millenium Falcon toys to liven things up for their film. If you're making a film about Star Wars fans you're probably looking for some nerdiness - I'm confident we can deliver.

Stay tuned.

7 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Did you send thme a audio file (note I did not say MP3)?

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

I did not, as I do not have one.

There isn't one on the Smoke and Mirrors Podblaze. Was there ever?

I guess I'll send them an m4a and mp3 tonight.

I could send them a link to "JanHamuary" but I'm not sure that's what they're looking for.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

Ootaga, Solo?

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Chrispy said...

This is not the blog you're looking for.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Jackson said...

Damn - I thought I made one - we'll do it tonight.

(Note: My word verification came up 'odhwaa', which must be a word used by Jawas looking for droids)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Dave Cavalier said...

No, that's "Outidi!"

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Jackson said...

Hail the King Geek!

Q: How much more geek

A: None, none more geek

 

Post a Comment

<< Home